- In Cinema Only
Buffy Sainte-Marie’s remarkable career has spanned over sixty years and countless milestones. When the massive anti-war anthem UNIVERSAL SOLDIER made her one of the biggest rising stars of the 60s folk scene, success was just around the corner. Alas, when she used her newfound platform to speak out about issues affecting Native Americans, she was blacklisted from American radio, ending her career overnight.
But Buffy came back stronger than ever as she went on to record one of the very first electronic music albums. She was the first Indigenous person to win an Academy Award and made history on Sesame Street. This remarkable film sheds light on an artist who, at 81, is still thriving, creating, and evolving in every area of her life, helping the world to ripen a little more every day.
- Toronto International Film Festival
- Madison Thomas
- Stephen Paniccia, Lisa Meeches
- Andrea Warner, Madison Thomas
- Gabriel Levesque, Andy Hourahine, Jon Elliott
- Brina Romanek
- Justin Delorme
- Joni Mitchell, Robbie Robertson, Taj Mahal, Alanis Obomsawin, Tantoo Cardinal, Jackson Browne, George Strombolopolous, John Kay, Jeremy Dutcher