- Online & In-Cinema
In a quest to save Jimmy, Lisa sets out by boat to a place called Monkey Beach, where she faces a journey to the Land of the Dead. In her quest, Lisa discovers the meaning of her visions, but are they blessings in disguise or agents of dark forces?
MONKEY BEACH is a supernatural coming-of-age story, layering tragedy, humour, and redemption. Set in the magnificent forests and waterways of the Pacific Northwest and the Haisla village of Kitamaat, Haisla cultural stories are woven into the contemporary lives of Lisa and her family, along with a cast of otherworldly characters including Sasquatches – the ‘monkeys’ of Monkey Beach.
MONKEY BEACH is based on the iconic novel of the same name, written by Eden Robinson, and was nominated for two prestigious awards in Canada – the Governor General Award and the Giller Prize.
This film is available to stream from September 27 - October 4.
- Vancouver International Film Festival 2020
- Loretta Todd
- Executive Producer
- Anne Wheeler, Fred Fuchs, Tom Rowe, Patricia Poskitt, Richard Van Camp, Carla Robinson, Lycrecia Adin, Roseanne Archibald
- Patricia Poskitt, Jason James, Matthew O'Connor, Lisa Richardson, Loretta Todd
- Johnny Darrell, Andrew Duncan, Loretta Todd
- Stirling Bancroft
- Fredrik Thorsen, Asim Nurany
- Jesse Zubot
- Grace Dove, Adam Beach, Glen Gould, Sera-Lys McArthur, Nathaniel Arcand, Tina Lameman, Joel Oulette, Zoey Snow, Miika Whiskeyjack