- Online & In-Cinema
- Availability: Sept. 23 - Oct. 3
Preceded by the short film: THE QUEEN OF BASKETBALL
In 2015, a girls basketball team was formed in Iceland by Brynjar Karl Sigurðsson, a coach who was experienced, unconventional, and constantly raising the bar. Early on, they set their goals high. They would always compete with the best team, and with that ambition, they were victorious competing in both girls and boys tournaments. That is, until they were no longer allowed to compete with the boys.
RAISE THE BAR is a story of eight 13-year-old girls who wanted to change the paradigm of women's basketball in Iceland, no matter the cost.
- Hot Docs 2021
- Guðjón Ragnarsson
- Executive Producer
- Hilmar Sigurðsson, Kjartan Þór Þórðarson, Þórhallur Gunnarsson
- Margrét Jónasdóttir
- Guðjón Ragnarsson, Tómas Marshall
- Jakob Halldórsson, Ingibjörg Ásmundsdóttir
- Ragga Gísla, Pétur Jónsson