- In Cinema Only
Burlington, Ontario, 2003. Hyper-ambitious, teenage cinephile Lawrence Kweller (Isaiah Lehtinen) dreams of attending film school at NYU’s Tisch School of the Arts. To fund the hefty tuition fee, he gets his dream job at the local video store, Sequels. Wracked with anxiety about his future, Lawrence begins alienating the most important people in his life: his best friend Matt (Percy Hynes White) and his single mother Terri (Krista Bridges.) On top of this, Lawrence also develops a complicated friendship with his older female manager, Alana (Romina D’Ugo). As graduation looms ever closer, a series of painful realizations force Lawrence to realize that he is a pretentious asshole.
I LIKE MOVIES is a funny, quirky, first feature about a film-obsessed teenager, who is sure to entertain, cringe or resonate in a relatable way with our film-loving audiences.
- Toronto International Film Festival
- Chandler Levack, Chandler Levack
- Executive Producer
- Vicki Lean, Michael Solomon
- Lindsay Blair Goeldner, Evan Dubinsky, Chandler Levack
- Chandler Levack
- Rico Moran
- Simone Smith
- Murray Lightburn
- Isaiah Lehtinen, Romina D'Ugo, Percy Hynes White, Krista Bridges, Dan Beirne, Alex Ateah, Andy McQueen