High in the mountains of North Ossetia, the small mining town of Mizur nestles between the sheer cliffs. Following certain dramatic events, Zaur moved his children Ada, Akim and Dakko here. Zaur is a strict father who prizes discipline above all and doesn’t feel the difference between care and overprotection. His eldest son, Akim, already escaped from his father to work in Rostov, the closest city to Mizur. His younger brother, Dakko, has yet to decide what he wants from life, and their sister Ada is actively planning her escape. She is a grown woman but her father still treats her as a baby and she soon realizes that it will be harder than she thought to escape her father's embrace and begin her own new life. The return of her older brother Akim will illuminate the family’s unspoken and unhealed traumas.
UNCLENCHING THE FISTS is director Kira Kovalenko's second feature film.
- Winner Un Certain Regard Award, Cannes 2021
- Cannes Film Festival 2021, Melbourne International Film Festival 2021, Sarajevo Film Festival 2021, Toronto International Film Festival 2021
- Kira Kovalenko
- Executive Producer
- Natalia Gorina
- Sergey Melkumov, Alexander Rodnyansky
- Kira Kovalenko, Anton Yarush
- Pavel Fomintsev
- Milana Aguzarova, Alik Karaev, Soslan Khugaev, Khetag Bibilov, Arsen Khetagurov, Milana Pagieva