- Online & In-Cinema
- Availability: Full Festival
In search of a better life, Max and Leo are taken by their mother, Lucía, from Mexico to Albuquerque. Struggling to gain a foothold in their new home, their mother suggests that while they wait for her to return from work, they listen to English lessons on an old tape recorder. As the children improve their English, they also build an imaginary universe with their drawings and dream about mom’s promise of going to Disneyland.
THE WOLVES is an intimate portrait of the lives of these two young boys, played by real-life brothers. The semi-autobiographical story comes from the hazy images of the director's memories, telling a story about childhood, uncertainty, migration, a family’s reintegration, adaptation to new surroundings, and the meaning of home.
- Winner Grand Prix of the Generation Kplus International Jury, Best Feature Film Berlinale 2020, Winner Special Jury Award, Fribourg International Film Festival 2020, Winner Best Picture, Havana Film Festival 2019, Winner HBO Ibero-American Competition, Best Film Miami Film Festival 2020
- Busan International Film Festival 2019, Berlinale 2020
- Samuel Kishi Leopo
- Leticia Carrillo Silva, Inna Payán Stuopignan
- Samuel Kishi Leopo, Sofía Gómez Córdova, José Luis Briones
- Octavio Arauz
- Yordi Capó, Carlos Espinoza Benítez, Samuel Kishi Leopo