Love triangles are complicated, messy things. Affairs are worse.
Adore follows the story of two lifelong friends, Lil (Naomi Watts) and Roz (Robin Wright). Both are widowed, and each have a young adult son. During a stay at an Australian beachfront property, they find themselves at odds when Roz begins a torrid affair with Lil’s son, Ian. This leads Lil to find comfort in the arms of the Roz’s son, Harold.
Passion threatens the relationship between all four as each mother—adoring her own son—grapples with the justification of her her own feelings.
A provocative exploration of the boundaries of friendship, Adore tests uncharted emotional territory—the kind fraught by the force of sensual desire, and its power to narrow our reasoning and sense.
- Sundance Film Festival 2013, Montreal World Film Festival 2013, Cinefest Sudbury International Film Festival 2013
- Anne Fontaine
- Executive Producer
- Sidonie Dumas, Troy Lum, Naomi Watts
- Philippe Carcassonne, Michel Feller, Barbara Gibbs, Andrew Mason
- Christopher Hampton, based on the novel by Doris Lessing
- Christophe Beaucarne
- Luc Barnier, Ceinwen Berry
- Production Design
- Annie Beauchamp
- Christopher Gordon
- Naomi Watts, Robin Wright, Xavier Samuel, James Frechevile