Calgary International Film Festival Code of Conduct Policy
Board members, staff and volunteers of the organization will always conduct themselves in a manner that:
- Supports the mission, vision, core values and objectives of the Calgary International Film Festival (CIFF).
- Serves the overall best interests of CIFF rather than any constituency.
- Brings credibility and goodwill to CIFF.
- Respects principles of fair play, cooperation and due process.
- Demonstrates respect for individuals in all manifestations of their cultural and linguistic diversity and life circumstances.
- Respects and considers diverse and opposing viewpoints.
- Demonstrates due diligence and dedication in preparation for and attendance at meetings, CIFF events, and in all other activities on behalf of CIFF.
- Demonstrates good faith, prudent judgement, honesty, transparency and openness in their activities on behalf of CIFF.
- Ensures that the financial affairs of CIFF are conducted in a responsible and transparent manner with due regard for their fiduciary responsibilities and public trusteeship.
- Avoids real or perceived conflicts of interest.
- Conforms with applicable legislation, CIFF’s Bylaws and Policies approved by the Board.
- Publicly demonstrates acceptance, respect and support for decisions legitimately taken in transaction of CIFF business.
- Supports the Executive Director and respects the Executive Director’s delegated accountability, authority, and responsibilities, including refraining from exercising individual authority over CIFF or staff except as explicitly determined in Board policy or by Board directive.