Silent Auction For A Red Carpet Affair goes LIVE!
Posted on February 15, 2019
Once In A Lifetime One Ocean Expedition To The Canadian Arctic & Greenland, Suite Tickets To See Barack Obama, Jerilyn Wright Exclusive Interior Design, Palm Springs Villa package and so much more…
The 91st Oscars® are just over a week away and to celebrate the biggest night in Hollywood, Calgary International Film Festival will be hosting their biggest fundraising night -A Red Carpet Affair - at The Palace Theatre on February 24. Guests will watch the Oscars via a live stream on the Palace’s big screen whilst enjoying hand-crafted Alberta spirits from Burwood Distillery who will be offering guests at the party two complimentary drinks. The award winning Chef, Yann Blanchard and his Yann Haute Patisserie will also be bringing Popcorn Macarons – exclusively made for A Red Carpet Affair – and other delicacies for guests to enjoy. If that isn’t enough, there will be further culinary delights from restaurants including Anju, GORO + GUN, and The National as well as live entertainment, prediction ballots, and so much more!
The build-up starts now as A Red Carpet Affairs’ silent auction goes LIVE Friday Feb 15 at 5pm with a chance for people to bid on some incredible items – worth over $75,000! Included in the items up for grabs is a once in a lifetime exclusive One Ocean Expedition for two to explore South Baffin Island in the Canadian Arctic specifically focused on Indigenous art and culture, in partnership with the McMichael Canadian Art Collection. Also up for auction are suite tickets to see Obama when he comes to Calgary next month, a home makeover by leading interior design firm Jerilynn Wright, a chance to choose which colour to light the Calgary Tower, a private film screening at Globe Cinema, Dior exhibition tickets, book and behind the scenes tour, plus a Palm Springs Villa Package and so much more….
Even if you’re not able to make the Oscars party, make sure you bid on those unique items – it’s a once in a life time opportunity! Go to www.32auctions.com/redcarpet19 to start bidding NOW. Bidding closes 8:30pm on the night of the Oscars – February 24.
Here are just some of the items up for auction:
- ONE OCEAN EXPEDITION - is proud to celebrate the importance and kinship of Inuit art through an exclusive 10-night expedition exploring South Baffin Island, Canadian Arctic and Greenland! It’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to travel to Cape Dorset, known as the ‘Capital of Inuit Art’. Through artistic interaction with local artists, guests learn about Arctic art and its meaning, bringing the culture, wildlife and history of the region to life. The package is for a twin private cabin on the South Baffin Explorer: Arts, Culture & Wildlife voyage.
- JERILYN WRIGHT DESIGN - Are you tired of how your home looks? Does it feel dated and dull? Here’s your chance to have Jerilyn Wright the popular Open homes design host, and principal of Jerilyn Wright and Associates, a leading interior design firm, inspire you with her creative vision for your home and practical advice on how you can carry it out.
- OBAMA SUITE TICKETS The 44th president of the United States, Barack Obama, is coming to Calgary and Hopewell is donating 4 tickets in their Saddledome suite.
- CHEF YANN BLANCHARD offers an incredible desert experience for you and 7 guests at your own home! Yann Blanchard is the only Canadian chef who is a member of one of the sweetest, most exclusive clubs in the world, Relais Desserts.
- CALGARY TOWER “SHINE A LIGHT ON FILM” – Ever wonder what the colours of the Calgary Tower lights represent? Do you want to light the Tower? The winner will choose the colour to light the Calgary Tower on a date of their choosing!
- GLENBOW DIOR EXHIBITION & CONCORDE GROUP: Glenbow Museum has graciously donated Dior exhibition passes, a Dior Exhibition Catalogue book, an Autobiography Dior book and a behind the scenes tour. Indulge the glamour by picking one of Concorde’s 15 restaurants for your pre or post Dior dinner!
- PALM SPRINGS VILLA PACKAGE - Enjoy a sun-filled long weekend in Palm Springs, California. Includes accommodation for up to six people in a glamorous Hollywood Regency home built by Liberace, in Deepwell Estates. Generously donated by Calgary Film Chair, D`Arcy Levesque.
- GLOBE CINEMA PRIVATE SCREENING - Globe Cinema is giving you an opportunity to bid for a private film screening including a bag of popcorn for all your friends!
- UNIVERSAL TALENT CONNECTION - Have you been preparing an Oscars speech in front of your bathroom mirror? Top talent agency and film school will help your dream come true if you get their Triple Threat Master Acting Program & Be The Best You Can Be- Program for kids that strengthens confidence (16-week Program)
- SARAH SLAUGHTER – custom 9x9 foot external or internal Mural, painted by Sarah Slaughter, a Calgary based visual artist whose versatility and fearless approach to design & creation has distinguished her in the local art world.
For more information or to book interviews contact:
Nadine bibi, Marketing Director, The Calgary International Film Festival
About the Calgary International Film Festival
The Calgary International Film Festival (Calgary Film) is a 12-day showcase of up to 200 multi-genre feature and short films from Canada and over 40 other countries. The festival hosts gala events, screenings, special presentations, and a Behind the Screen series that emphasizes unique and exciting ways for filmmakers and fans to interact.Back to news page