- Online Only
- Availability: Full Festival
This short film is included in the following package(s): SHORTS PACKAGE: FAMILY AFFAIR
Long ago, four extraordinary individuals of both male and female spirit brought the healing arts from Tahiti to Hawaii. Beloved by the people for their gentle ways and miraculous cures, they imbued four giant boulders with their powers. The stones still stand on what is now Waikiki Beach, but the true story behind them has been hidden – until now.
Narrated in an ancient Hawaiian dialect, KAPAEMAHU brings this powerful legend back to life in vivid animation, seen through the eyes of a curious child.
- Animated Short Special Mention - Tribeca Film Festival 2020
- Tribeca Film Festival 2020, Indy Short Film Festival 2020, Palm Springs International ShortFest 2020
- Hinaleimoana Wong-Kalu, Dean Hamer, Joe WIlson
- Dean Hamer, Joe WIlson, Hinaleimoana Wong-Kalu
- Joe Wilson, Dean Hamer, Hinaleimoana Wong-Kalu
- Dan Golden, Kaumakaiwa Kanakaole