- In-Cinema Only
Anthony (Anthony Hopkins) is 80, mischievous, living defiantly alone and rejecting the carers that his daughter, Anne (Olivia Colman), encouragingly introduces. Yet help is also becoming a necessity for Anne; she can’t make daily visits anymore and Anthony’s grip on reality is unraveling.
As we experience the ebb and flow of his memory, how much of his own identity and past can Anthony cling to? How does Anne cope as she grieves the loss of her father, while he still lives and breathes before her?
THE FATHER warmly embraces real life, through loving reflection upon the vibrant human condition; heart-breaking and uncompromisingly poignant – a movie that nestles in the truth of our own lives based on the acclaimed, award-winning play.
Winner of the CTV Audience Choice Award, Special Presentations
- Sundance Film Festival 2020, Toronto International Film Festival 2020
- Florian Zeller
- Executive Producer
- Héloïse Spadone, Alessandro Mauceri, Lauren Dark, Ollie Madden, Daniel Battsek, Hugo Grumbar, Tim Haslam, Paul Grindey
- David Parfitt, Jean-Louis Livi, Philippe Carcassonne
- Florian Zeller, Christopher Hampton
- Ben Smithard
- Yorgos Lamprinos
- Ludovico Einaudi
- Anthony Hopkins, OIivia Colman, Mark Gatiss, Imogen Poots, Rufus Sewell, Olivia Williams